"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

I dream big and can easily be swept away with my imagination. I have had so many hobbies over the past 20 years and now I am starting yet another. My hobbies range from crafting to movie making and dreaming about writing children's books. I find myself caught up in my head, day dreaming of how I can portray my experiences, desires, and memories. I hope my blog entertains, inspires, and helps you laugh about your own silly quirks.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Something New...

After exploring Etsy on and off for a few weeks I am going to try out a new craft.  Something inexpensive (of course because I am cheap) and kind of different.  It's not a new craft but I think I will have fun with it.  Bottle Caps.  People are selling bottle cap magnets, wine charms, etc. like crazy on Etsy.  So I think I will try it out and see how it goes.  If all goes well friends and family will be receiving them as birthday and Christmas gifts this year.  I am also interested to see how costly it it because I would like to try this out as one of my holiday crafts in December.  It seems like a fun thing to do for Halloween as well. 

So, I ordered a book/kit to start off.  I have been collecting twist off bottle caps too.  However, it seems the ones that people are selling are unused bottle caps (before they are actually pressed onto a beer bottle).  They seem pretty inexpensive too.  You can purchase them from a variety of home brew websites or on Amazon.com.  One site was selling them for $5.95 for 1lb (approximately 210 caps)  The rest of the supplies are glaze or crystal lacquer, approximately $2.95 for 2 oz., a 1" hole punch, your choice of paper designs bought or found, and then whatever else you want to use to decorate it.  (glitter glue, charms, pins, wine charm rings, magnets, etc.)  Overall, not too expensive and it doesn't take up too much space when storing the supplies. 

I will keep you posted.  I hope it goes well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment