"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

I dream big and can easily be swept away with my imagination. I have had so many hobbies over the past 20 years and now I am starting yet another. My hobbies range from crafting to movie making and dreaming about writing children's books. I find myself caught up in my head, day dreaming of how I can portray my experiences, desires, and memories. I hope my blog entertains, inspires, and helps you laugh about your own silly quirks.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Christmas Post Cards

I've been feeling pretty crafty lately and I've had this one on the back burner for a while.  This easy, fun, and cute craft just took a few simple craft supplies and a sense of humor.

The Supply List:
  1. "The Joy of Peanuts Christmas- 50 Years of Holiday Comics"- This is something I picked up at a thrift shop years ago and spent $2 on it.  It is filled with so many adorable, charming, and funny comics.  If you don't want to spend the money but like the idea use old newspaper comics.  Ask your neighbor or even sneak a comic out of the library paper.  (shhh!)  But really any kind of paper can be applied here you just have to love how it looks and says how you feel.
  2. Old post card I got for free from Pathmark supermarket years ago.  I used this for two purposes; I added to the cover to create a new postcard and I also used it as a template for its size.
  3. Cereal box.  I traced an already existing post card to get the dimensions correct.  (Some post cards I didn't want to change but worked great as a template.)
  4. Scissors
  5. Stick glue
  6. Pen
Additional Supplies to embellish:
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Stamps
  • Marker
  • Hole punch


Holiday Postcards

These are still a work in progress.  I added a few Santa stamps to the negative space on one of them and I am regretting that because now it looks too 'crafty'.  I was going for a different look but you learn as you go, right? Either way I am pleased with the results.

I hope you enjoyed the simplicity and thriftiness of this craft.  

Enjoy your day!

AP



No comments:

Post a Comment